Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Passive Radiator Subs

Comments

• edited July 2014

By the way, you have to alter the mass by pressing the Mass Up and Mass Down buttons. You can't just change it in the specs box on the left, because the other specs change as well.

• Doh ! I thought the XLS sheet you sent me included the Unibox macros etc. I have just gone to their site and downloaded the program. Everything should work once I get it installed tonight.

• Hmm, there is nop program to install. So I need advice, I get errmsg when I hit Update, saying macros are unavailable . ??

• Oh, you need to enable macros in Excel. Usually it asks when you open the file (does for me anyway) but there must be a setting for it.

• ROFLMAO =))

• With a bit of luck, and a reduction in alcohol consumption, I might start building a wee sub box this weekend ;)

I picked up the plate amp last night :-b

• Thanks John, that was it, I could vary the weight up and down and watch the squiggly lines move. Like the look of 512gms. I wonder if that weight causes the PR to sag offcentre ? might have to rotate the PRs every few months.

• We need a progress update Nigel, ya lazee bar stud.

• MDf is all cut - Tnuts in place - need to source some M5 bolts 25-30mm long then a bit of drilling, screwing, gluing and nailing and I should have some woom, woom ,woom

• Nailing?

• I glue and nail lengths of quadrant along the 90o joins so that if the sub is dropped from the deck outside, it will survive the impact.
    The important thing is that the waratahs beat the crusaders which will encourage the wallabies for the upcoming Bledisloe cup matches.

• Basketball, right...?

• Yes basketball.
    I'm getting mighty close to finishing my subs.
    Should make some boom sounds after about 3hrs more . I'm going for a crazed piano gloss finish. Initially it won't be crazed, but I suspect after a few months it will be.
    Once they are finched I will measure/adjust everything and after that will host a GTG.
    Graeme, when are you up in Sydney next ? My steambath GTGs are legendary and this time there may even be some women !! ..........................probably not though....

• Woah!

I had a chubby an' all! :-b

Then I read the last sentence... :-q

Nige, I have no plans to be in Sydney at this stage.

I was thinkin' 'bout either side of Bathurst weekend, but that plan aint gunna happen now. :-??

• edited August 2014

Well that's five hours!!

:D

Today I learnt that you must always make a template when using a router.

• edited August 2014

You must consider John, that I am laughing with tears in my eyes.

I am having trouble reading the keys on the keyboard. =))

Using a router without a template is a bit like starting a helicopter engine at full speed X_X

I give you 'A' for having a crack. :-b

'B' for learning from your mistakes. =D>

But you only get a 'D' for planning. :-q

I'm still laughing. I can't breathe properly =))

• I just learned I'm qualified to start a helicopter...

Though perhaps not the same helicopter twice.