Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

New TV

2»

Comments

• edited January 2014

It doesn't have an infrared transmitter "I, N, F, R, A, R, E, D" which it would need because the receiver doesn't have a network connection "N, E, T, W, O, R, K"

• edited January 2014

What's a smart phone? I thought Logitech was the go to for universal remotes...

• So did I but I just looked up the prices X_X

OH well this one isn't too bad: http://www.mwave.com.au/product/logitech-harmony-650-remote-colour-screen-aa26487

Still I think I'm just going off the idea. Most of the time it's only the BDP for play/stop, and the AVR for vol up/down.

• JohnR said:
    It doesn't have an infrared transmitter "I, N, F, R, A, R, E, D" which it would need because the receiver doesn't have a network connection "N, E, T, W, O, R, K"

John, I love our ilttle chats! :D

• "M, E, T, O, O"

• Ok guys trying to work a new TV in the move ,what would be your choice in 60" .
    If going to anything bigger would it still be a good option looking at a PJ .

Cheers

• Mal, get a Panasonic ST60 while you still can.

I have 2 Panasonic plasmas. An older 42" and a current ST50 (50").

For the record, I am not a fan of current LCD/LED panels. The colour shift at moderate viewing angles is still apallingly unacceptable.

If I was to replace my current BenQ W5000 projector (4.5 years old), it would be with a current BenQ W7000. Brilliant DLP picture for not much money. Less than $2000.

I am a fan of DLP though & use my current older BenQ onto a 130" scope screen. :D

Come and have a look if you like. Bring beer! :D

Graham

• edited January 2014

Mmmmmm beeeerrrrr.....

Mal a couple of data points. The screen looks best in a dark room. Then it really does look good. However if you were wanting to watch with any light in the room, be aware that the screen is glossy reflective. Also, it's not very bright, and turning up the brightness make the blacks grey. So again - dark room, great. I turned down the saturation on mine a bit too and now it looks very natural I think, in a dark room, more of a cinema/projector experience.

Also, there's the burn-in issue, so probably not best choice if wanting to leave it on as a monitor, or for gaming.

Also, the 3D works but the whole picture gets even darker. I wanted to compare 3D vs regular but my stupid video store separates the 3D and the 2D discs and you have to rent them separately! Oh well next $2 Tuesday maybe.

Also, there have been reports of screens cracking. (Not just Panasonic, Samsung too.) Not covered under warranty aparently (what?!)

If I had a way to swing a projector I'd do that! Main problem I had with the one I had was the fan noise. What are those like these days Graham?

• 2 points John

1. Once the movie starts, I have never noticed fan noise from my PJ, and we sit almost under it.

2. Since I got the Pro amps for my subs, those fans are noisier than anything else.

• 2 points John

1. Once the movie starts, I have never noticed fan noise from my PJ, and we sit almost under it.

2. Since I got the Pro amps for my subs, those fans are noisier than anything else.

• I had a DLP pj at the old house ,left it there with the Focal speakers .This place I might just stay with a flat screen .

Cheers