Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

jaycar's crap warranty

I only just discovered that Jaycar has only a three-month warranty.

Well, I only discovered that because the DMM I bought 6 months ago is not working properly.

PFff.

Buy somewhere else. (As if you needed me to tell you.)

Comments

• A retailers warranty period isn't only decide by them.

A new product needs to be fit for purpose for a fair period of time.

3 months. Pfft!

Get onto your local consumer website.

If you don't fight, you lose! :-W

Fight the barstuds. It's your money they cheated from you.

• Last time I check in Aust ,its 12 months by law .

• Really? I better look into that...

• Yep! This is what I've been _trying _to tell ya!

From ACCC site; repairs & refunds must take into consideration the following

type of product

how a consumer is likely to use the product

the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used

the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.

So, if you buy a DMM & use it in the frequency & manner it is designed to be used in, it should last a reasonable amount of time before developing a fault.

IMO...

If you use it every day, and take care of it, it should last a year, for a cheap PoS DMM

If you use it occasionally, a cheap PoS DMM should still last a coupla years if you take care of it.

So, put your big girl's blouse on, get on the blower, and politely present your case that they should repair or replace it.

I know they can't repair it, so get a refund or credit to the quality DMM, as you should have bought in the first place.

Buy the tool for the job, not some cheap PoS. Cheap PoS actually cost more in the long run.

• It wasn't that cheap, $109.

• All the more reason to stick your big girl's blouse on, and fight the good fight

Punch on John :-b

• I have a benchtop unit here that needs probe leads.
    You can have it if you can use it.

• Hi Tony, that would be awesome, I would definitely use it. I'll be making another airport dropoff trip next Monday avo, maybe I could drop by then. How did you go with that new TT?

• It is a NIDA 411, I will check that it still seems to work before you spend time coming over.
    I haven't powered it on for perhaps 10 years.
    TT is very nice :)

• Cool (x 2 :) )

• Plugged in, turned on, measured the voltage of a rechargeable battery.
    No smoke, no bangen poppen spitzensparken, probably OK but NO refund.

• edited July 2015

Hoppen gooden! Perhaps I can give you some records :)

• That's pretty crappy! I've had a few Jaycar DMMs. One that I've had forever (had to repair it once but turned out to be an easy fix). I opened it up and found that a solder connection had failed where the board connected to the probes.

• John, did you stand up?

Or lay down like a girl?

• I laid down like a girl. Threw it in the bin.

• Soft!

Soft as a cheese-eating surrender monkey!