Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Twitter? Anybody? Necessary? Useful? Personal versus business use?

G'day all

Does anyone here use Twitter?

I was discussing this with a regular (~6 times a day) Twitter user on over the weekend.

I have created a profile @GrahamMurfett

I wonder if it will be useful to me personally...

I have no doubt it will be useful for a business opening in 2015, but personally???

Comments

• I don't use it, but I'm interested to know how it works out for you... :)

• The problem with Twitter is that it all ends up sounding like the Dawn Chorus on a Sunday morning after a 3 am finish...or a mob of Corella's in the gum tree outside. Neither is pleasant.

If you keep your tweets both focused and relevant upon your business as opposed to entertaining...which [if you'll forgive me] might be a challenge given the apparent lack of maintained focus and relevance of your posting here [though this one can hardly deny entertainment and enjoyment].

Of course it could be worse...Facebook. I am being dragged grumpy and whingey into this genre simply because a child's education appears to depend on it these days

• School has moved to Facebook?

• For Gill's business , Facebook to working out well .

cheers

• Never used it, What are you gunna do with it Graham?

I have a question that someone may be able to help me with....
    What are the definitions or difference between a blog and a wiki?

• edited December 2014

Seano said:
    If you keep your tweets both focused and relevant upon your business as opposed to entertaining...which [if you'll forgive me] might be a challenge given the apparent lack of maintained focus and relevance of your posting here [though this one can hardly deny entertainment and enjoyment].

Happy to entertain the masses, even when I'm not aware that I am.

Maybe like others here, I am aware of it (Twitter), but as of yet, haven't participated, hence the thread.

I'll slowly tip my toe in the Twitter pool to see what happens.

We'll see...

TwoDogs. I have no idea of the difference between a blog & a wiki.

I'm not even sure what a "wiki" is.

I'm still comint to terms with new definitions of "tweet", "twit" & "twat"

• A blog is a "weblog" - an online diary. Typically organized by date. Assumption is that posts aren't typically maintained/updated.

A wiki is a hyperlinked set of articles, typically with special syntax to make the linking easier to do. Organized by categories /type of article, and article name. Assumption is that articles are maintained and updated.

• Thanks JR.

• Wait until you get the bill.