Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

New albums...

edited June 2014 in Music and Movies

Right...there's some new music out there

Anathema - Distant Satellites. It came out just a couple of days ago. Epic emotive pop prog...art school pop for when metal is just too crass a genre to get your message across. Think Steven Wilson with the edges knocked off or Nightwish with the lunatic button unpressed

Mastodon - Once More Around The Sun. It is fair to say I've not heard this given that it doesn't come out for another couple of weeks but there is something to this mob. They do a version of metal that simply appeals to the old school epic speed metal fan in me. Big songs, intricate playing, inarticulate messages....mad fun. Here's the first single

Smoke Fairies - Smoke Fairies. This is this duo's third album. Again unheard but I'm a fan of their gentle English pop folk of the last two albums. Again a taster

The Black Keys - Turn Blue. Spot on pop rock with a sad face. No taster but this should be widely available for samples

Toumani & Sidiki - Toumani & Sidiki. A new album from the kora player, this time as a duo with his son. Hard to pass up http://www.worldcircuit.co.uk/#Toumani_Diabate_&;Sidiki_Diabate::Toumani&_Sidiki but probably won't get Oz distribution

Comments

• You're a marvel Seano. I didn't get all the albums but did find albums by all those artists on qobuz. Up as soon as I finish this nice vivaldi cello concerto ... er, and my internet connection comes back up.... ok we're back

• What did you find?

• This is in my "Seano" playlist :) Turn Blue is samples only, the rest are fully playable CD quality.

Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.40.38 PM

• That's impressive. Hopefully, you don't get too knocked about by The Hunter.