Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Has anyone ordered from soundlabs lately?

edited April 2014 in Audio Projects

What's this $12 they've added for "insurance", that you have to decline explicitly? It takes postage for a couple of tweeters up to nearly $30.

Comments

• I received an order this week ,what $12 bucks ?
    I always ring to order ,give Leon a call and ask .
    Cheers

• MALfunction said:
    ...what $12 bucks ?

That's what I said.

Ah, it doesn't matter. Too many projects anyway.

• The insurance has been there like that for many years, easy to click and decline. Then of course the goods aren’t insurance and / or tracked. You can easily decline if you don't want it .

He also asked why he wasn't invited to join the forum Mr Reekie .

Cheers

• He also asked why he wasn't invited to join the forum Mr Reekie .

I don't know... Why didn't you invite him? Mr Binden :-W ;)

• Here I am now, thought I wasn't wanted... :-(

MALfunction basically said what I said. We used to not have insurance and people would "complain" parts were missing or didn't arrive and we covered the loss. So we added insurance option that can be declined with one click, now rarely anything goes missing.

John, as MALfunction says, call me if you need anything!

• Snix said:
    Here I am now, thought I wasn't wanted... :-(

Hi Leon, good to see you here. I made an invitation function that anybody can use, thinking that "everybody else" would be invited. But nobody uses it, until they tell me someone wants an invitation and I say "Do it yourself." It's weird.

Please, feel free to use the invitation function!!

http://audiofrequency.com.au/about-and-help#invitations

MALfunction basically said what I said. We used to not have insurance and people would "complain" parts were missing or didn't arrive and we covered the loss. So we added insurance option that can be declined with one click, now rarely anything goes missing.

Hah. Well that makes sense.

John, as MALfunction says, call me if you need anything!

OK, will do :)

• There's a few over at SNA that might like to join (Kajak, Stevenvalve, Bill Hobba).
    I had a look at SNA for the 1st time in yonks yesterday and found a thread on another rip-off, some Bibee (?) device for $500 exposed as a resistor, but Bill hobba has heard the difference it makes clearly. Reminded me of why I left SNA - although I never found out whether such people were idiots or just trying to rip people off. Mr eNable wanted to sell his snake-oil at Bathurst one time, legendary stuff.

• Twodogs said:
    Mr eNable wanted to sell his snake-oil at Bathurst one time, legendary stuff.

And this bloke came into the room and kept asking "what were all the black ants around the speaker"...

And all these people kept looking at their shoes and making hand signals to shut up...

And this same bloke just wouldn't take the hint...

And this same bloke kept asking "what were all the black ants around the speaker"...

Oh hang on, that was me! :D :-b =D>

• I remember them. Tried to test the Bybee page with the Quackometer but it seems to have broken it...

• "the whole system opens up " - well it would if you did the other speaker too.....

Did he really believe it, or was he just peddling ??
    On yer bike, squire....

• Watch it guys my good friend sell's Bybee's [-X

• oh good, then Mal, you might be able to answer the question, is he an idiot or is he just trying to make money off the gullible?

• edited May 2014

C'mon Nigel, be nice please...

• edited May 2014

Twodogs said:
    oh good, then Mal, you might be able to answer the question, is he an idiot or is he just trying to make money off the gullible?

Well Nigel ,who took your money . I also don't think Leon in an idiot or trying to make money out of the gullible .
    Why don't you ask him yourself .

• Leon's no fool. Like most businesses that retail into the hi-fi audiophile world...he's simply providing options for fools. And we've all been one of them at some stage.

• Sorry I didn't think we were talking about anybody in particular and I certainly didn't know that Leon had sold them. Like I said I just stumbled on and skimmed a thread.
    The remark about idiot refers directly to the people who hearing "a clear audible improvement" when a tiny resistor is placed, seemingly randomly, then he is IMO wrong.
    I would challenge that person to prove it, in a dbt. The question is "is his error intentional or unintentional"?

• Would an idiot know the difference?

• Well I certainly don't !!

hey wait a minute......

• Feeling somewhat guilty of firing off opinions based on little information, I went to Jack Bybee's website. Besides being overpriced, his products are ridiculous, they don't even claim to do anything. Quantum Purifier sits between speaker terminal and crossover, but what is it there for ??
    Reading the testimonials from customers still leaves me wondering. Are they THAT stupid or are they part of the scam. Jack Bybee - total charlatan.

• This debate has been done years ago already. Maybe tell us something interesting, like about those boxes you are building... ;)