Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Another project...

2»

Comments

• Nice!! I don't know much about bikes but it has a purposeful "I mean business" look about it. The front cog looks pretty small to me but I suppose that's for a good reason. So... "comfortable and pretty quick"?? That's all??!! You should be doing cartwheels.

• The front chainring is roughly equivalent in size to what you might find in the middle of a typical triple ring crankset - 34 tooth. The other MTB I have runs a 30T while the commuter has a 40T. The aim of the game is to pick the chainring/rear cassette combination that finds you pedaling with relative ease on the flat with the chain talking to the middle of the cassette on the back wheel. This gives you the flexibility to put some effort in to go faster in lower gears or climb in higher gears. There's a fabulous website called gear calculator which does all the math for you...

As for cartwheels...I went over the bars on the second ride. Does that count?

• Yikes! Ok, that counts (ouch)