Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Todd be here :)

Uuuuuuuummmmm.... Hi!
ummm, Yeah, Todd, I have audio, I have AV. I also have confusion! A year ago, Epson projectors were the way to go, now apparently its either Sony or Sim2. I was all happy to may be get myself a Marantz AV pre-amp, but apparently, the Anthem receiver is better (and cheaper) for home theatre (the Marantz is better for music (but some other brand is better for music (but worse for AV)))) (that may or may not be enough ')'s ). And the Oppo and the Marantz Blu ray player are both beaten by the Cambridge. Sometimes I really hate this game..... :/
Right now I am watching 'So, I married an Axe Murderer' turns out 'Fat Basturd' has a much thinner and older relative!
Todd out :)

Comments

• Hey, which Cambridge player beats the Oppo? TBH I'm not really thrilled with the analogue out on the BDP-103.

• Sorry John, I was taking in a heap of info at the time, and I don't think he mentioned a specific model. I seem to remember it was somewhere around the $1500 dollar mark (not sure if that helps u though)

• How is the digital out on the OPPO 103 John, IYO?

Graham

• GeeEmm said:
    How is the digital out on the OPPO 103 John, IYO?

Hi Graham, no idea really...! That's the output I used at Bx but not much help for multichannel (since I don't have an AVR). The analog out has a DC offset that turns on and off resulting in a small pop from the speakers between every track, on rewind/FF etc.

• JohnR said:

GeeEmm said:
    How is the digital out on the OPPO 103 John, IYO?

Hi Graham, no idea really...! That's the output I used at Bx but not much help for multichannel (since I don't have an AVR). The analog out has a DC offset that turns on and off resulting in a small pop from the speakers between every track, on rewind/FF etc.

That's annoying.
    Have you queried OPPO re this?
    I believe they are quite good with customer response.
    They have been IME.

Graham

• Yes I did. Perhaps I should start another thread (sorry Todd!)