Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

R2R

Guys, slowly building a collection of tapes 15is 10 1/2" running an Otari MTR 15 and a MX 55 with an extra 4 track for play back.
Caught up with Mal and Lucas of Black Art Audio on Friday to have coffee, Lucas is a bloody genius with his build and design and very kindly working with me to get up to recording speed with some gear.
First will be a 37kg Isolation transformer and I've already got the separate 20amp lines from the board with braided double shielded power cable.
As it rolls out will post if your interested.

Comments

• The all Tube mixing desk is going to be very interesting :-) and the custom mic's .

• Hi Martin, what type of stuff are you recording?

• JR the type of recordings I'm first looking at will be a simple affair artist and instruments but the twist is that I want to record what they have the passion for out of there work and hopefully where they first wrote and played it, don't want the studio sound I want the full environment and feeling warts and all and acoustic as possible.
    The guys I have lined up are well known and very interested in the project time will tell.

Already have USA and Canada think 6 guys ready to buy what I put out on 10 1/2" 15ips .

I can let you know JR as it gets up to speed if your interested.

• Please do keep us updated! I've wanted to try doing some recording for a while although I think I've decided not to do anything like that now. For me it was mostly out of interest in learning a bit more about the process.

• Have been looking into Master restoration work and have just got the thumbs up from a gentleman in the USA who is a major player in this field willing to be a mentor for me , going to start in the new year.
    This guy has over 40 years of experience to share and will give me a great advantage to do things right here in Oz and another use for all my gear I'm with Lucas on.
    Trying to acquire my first project restoration 45 year old blues master reels with all the out takes. this guy played with a lot of the greats Muddy Waters etc.

• Nice - congrats, Martin.

• Just on Skype with Leslie, lots of notes and bits to get to deal with Scotch tape , Ampex etc paper leader tapes, timing tapes and cleaners.