Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Transducer through glass???

G'day all

Here's the thing I keep thinking about...

Imagine you have a large window that you look through to a fantastic vista.

But you can't hear what's going on in that vista because all the doors are closed to keep the elements out...
or maybe it is an elevated window that is completely & permanently sealed against the elements.

But you want to hear the waves crash against the shore, or the noise of the bush or the bray of the donkeys, but you can't.

So, what device or devices can be set up so that something on the outside of the glass can transfer the sound to the inside of the glass?

I appreciate it needs power somehow.

I expect the technology exists, but maybe not the application!?

Nigel, if you can't be constructive, be a spectator! ;) :(

Comments

• A microphone and a powered speaker?

• Or were you thinking of something to put on the glass itself, like a NXT exciter. The kind of glass you're talking about I'm not sure it would work that well.

• Get in touch with Leon . He turned his office window in a speaker .

• Looks like I've started a brain storming session :)

Chat tomorrow Mal.

• I wonder if I can turn my whole house into a speaker....

• Mal, I forgot to ask you today about Leon's window speaker :(

• Google ' feonic whispering window' and see if you can figure a way to get an ambient noise condensor mic (there are such things) to act as the source for it.

• GeeEmm said:
    Mal, I forgot to ask you today about Leon's window speaker :(

Give a call

• Seano said:
    Google ' feonic whispering window' and see if you can figure a way to get an ambient noise condensor mic (there are such things) to act as the source for it.

Very cool

• OMG!

Type "vibration speaker" into eBay

I am sooo old...

But, then again, I don't know of any young people doing this.

• Do you know any young people?

• Some of my children are young.

Well, younger than me.

Well, they're ALL younger than me, but you know what I mean.

Truth be known, the young people I know could be doing this & I still wouldn't know...

They stop talking when I'm around X_X

• "Imagine you have a large window that you look through to a fantastic vista.

But you can't hear what's going on in that vista because all the doors are closed to keep the elements out..."

Isn't that the magic though? Surely if you want to hear, you open the door/window ;)

Sorry but the reproduced sound of donkeys braying just doesn't appeal.

J

• Just like The Rolling Stones, The Elements might sound nice but no-one wants to live with them...

• Jules

You should be a politician :)

Cherry pick the points you want to discuss & leave out points of context

"... or maybe it is an elevated window that is completely & permanently sealed against the elements."

• I agree, it's important to be sealed against the elements

• "... or maybe it is an elevated window that is completely & permanently sealed against the elements."

Ah, it's a hypothetical, sorry :-* . I might actually be a bit envious at the level of sealedness in that I once came home from a holiday to find a horse had spent a fair amount of time in my living room.

With those plastic balls, how long does it take before the oxygen runs out and you die?

• LOL

I guess that "bray of the donkeys" thought was a little too close to home! :D

• Jules said:
    With those plastic balls, how long does it take before the oxygen runs out and you die?

I also wondered this.

Maybe there is a video of them gasping and slowing dying whilst in the tranquil parklands.

Oh the irony!