Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Quickstand

I found these end-cheeks in the spare room off what used to be CD shelves before I boxed a lot of CDs and put them in the attic. A few spins of the drill/driver and:

Quickstand

Well, these are prototype cabinets so I just screwed them straight in....

I'd forgotten how these sound. Been distracted by the home theater (article). Good to be listening to them again.

Power tool diffusion

I'm a big believer in the use of power tools spread about the place to improve diffusion... Call me crazy, but nothing else I've tried gives quite the same results.

Comments

• That's a really nice timber floor in your garage John.

Are you worried about leaving the laptop on the floor though!? What if someone drives over it?

X_X

• John, the speaker on the right has an offset tweeter so the soundstage will have a massive tilt to the right. All the players will look like they're about to fall over.
    Sorry to give you the bad news !
    My 8" driver boxes are complete, need to reassemble the panels on top..maybe tonight or tomorrow night. Then a little measuring.... That will leave building the subs and a final measurement. Getting closer all the time. Geronimo ! oochy-coochy-mama

• NIfty! How well cross braced are they?

• Not at all! A bit wobbly...