Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

No mo SLR-o

I think this might be the end of SLRs for me. I ordered a Metabones Nikon F adapter -

http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_NF-X-BM1

You can also get the speed booster which turns the lens into it's "proper" focal length. But they're $439 US and since th Nikon lenses I want to keep are long ish anyway, doesn't make much sense.

Here's the Nikon 85mm PC with the Fuji on back. The reason for getting the Metabones adapter instead of some other cheaper one is that it has a tripod mount on it, saves stress with heavier lens on the camera:

DSCF1212

DSCF1214

Here with the 300mm lens:

DSCF1215

DSCF1222

Comments

• Crikey...!

• edited May 2014

These mirror less cameras (MLC) are a game changer. Ha hah wanted to say that for a while...! You can get adapters for almost any lens system ever made ( except for other MLCs). It's "fully manual", but it's a lot easier than fully manual on an SLR because the camera doesn't care what the aperture is, just set the aperture on the lens wherever you want and the camera will figure out the shutter speed. At least this Fuji works that way... and with focus peaking, focussing is easier too! So basically it's aperture-priority with any lens even those designerd before aperture-priority was invented. I just bought a Nikon non-AI 55mm macro lens for about $70 (plus postage), few people want them because you can't even mount them on most Nikons. That one is intended for a bellows actually, but will also work fine right onto the adapter.