Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

4G - holy sh!t

Well I gave in to the Evil Empire again and am now iPadded. I just ran a 4G speed test (Telstra prepaid). 30 Mbps down, 6.8 up. That's about TEN TIMES what I get on the DSL line at home. Tethering my laptop to the iPad, I still get 20 down and 5.8 up.

I wonder what speed I get at home. Will try it later. This could be dangerous... (for the communications budget)

Comments

• On the other hand, $60 per month for the DSL, that buys 4G of data on Telstra prepaid. I'll need to check the usage but I don't think I use that much... hm.....

• At home: 4.6 down, 1.0 up. Rerun test: 12. 3 down, 1.15 up (4G)

DSL: 3.0 down, 0.36 up

I guess I was right next to a repeater before. still, 4G is faster than my DSL although seems a bit variable.

• I could get mail delivered faster by pelican than I'd get e-mail using any of Telstra's wireless product at home. I fell for Google with a Nexus 7...

• Pelican post! Your mail will be a bit fishy though. I almost got a Nexus 7 but Google had decided to disable the hotspot function, for completely unknown reasons.

Anyway, ideas of switching from ADSL to 4G no good, use too much data. The last OSX update alone was something like 5 Gigs....