Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Black Keys

Just recently got into the Black Keys. Yes I had heard a couple of their songs before (pre El Camino) and liked what I heard so I bought Brothers and El Camino from Vinyl Eye Records. Why did it take me so long to buy these; Lov'in them right now on the Garrard 401.

Comments

• Big sound for 2 blokes cool
    Cheers

• My son's favourite band...he had a good little boogie to El Camino whilst at Bathurst

• It was great to see your young fella dancing away having a ball.

I'm still waiting to 'get' the Black Keys. Just no connection so far.

Similar but different, it took me a while to get into Iron & Wine, now I can't get enough.

• I can understand how Iron & Wine might take some time - much more contemplative. Have an older one of theirs...

• Just listening to 'Gold on the Ceiling' on youtube. Brilliant.
    Thanks Grumps (visualise thumbs-up)

• Wolster said:
    Just listening to 'Gold on the Ceiling' on youtube. Brilliant.
    Thanks Grumps (visualise thumbs-up)

Have a listen to the track 'Little Black Submarine' on the same album Wol
    There is some amazingly low bass on the records Wol and on the whole a great addition to my collection both sound wise and content - yep! lovin; them

• Not sure what I did there but I wanted to quote Wolster and add my own comment but it all stuck together

• Grumpy said:
    Not sure what I did there but I wanted to quote Wolster and add my own comment but it all stuck together

You need to start your addition on a new line. This software knows that a quoted sentence starts with a >

See?

• Seano said:

Grumpy said:
    Not sure what I did there but I wanted to quote Wolster and add my own comment but it all stuck together

You need to start your addition on a new line. This software knows that a quoted sentence starts with a >

See?

Have I got it right now?

• edited November 2013

NO!!!!

NO!!!!

NO!!!!

You need to have a line between your new words and the 'quote'.

Is Hard Return a Black Key's song?

• Turns out the little bloke knows 'El Camino' by sight and riff. But he still thinks that it's the only Black Keys album. Needs to work on that...