Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

House reno's

Comments

• Good job Mal.

You can have 1 beer. :D

• Its been awhile the cabinet work has been delayed
    kitchen 003
    kitchen 004

• Finished Night shift Monday morning by 21:00 that night it looked like this .Cabinets to be raft in tomorrow .
    brick walls 015
    Kitchen 001
    Kitchen 002
    kitchen 009
    the tiled waKitchen reno 011
    The tiled brick load bearing wall was done a couple of weeks ago ,the TV's new home .

• Good job Mal.

Help yourself to another beer

Only one mind. Don't want you gettin' ahead of yourself ;)

• I'm not really seeing the big picture here. When is the GtG?

• Mal doesn't answer questions re GtGs

I think he's got something hide... :-?

Maybe, he actually lives alone in a caravan. he just found these photos on the web. :-O

• Hah hah!!

Mal we still love you.

• The only time I can host a GTG ,everyone's working :-) . All you lot work strange hours :-)

• I'll take sick leave.

• GeeEmm said:
    I'll take sick leave.

Come on over ,you can chip in

cab's 001

• Lovely job Mal

• Finally mounted the TV . The wall bracket is a Tauris CMW-296 http://www.tauris.com.au/.
    Gill wanted a bracket that she could swival around so she could watch TV and the meals table .
    TV2
    tv
    TV3

• Clever, your wife!

• Hang on. Where do the big front speakers go??

• JohnR said:
    Hang on. Where do the big front speakers go??

GeeEmm said:
    Clever, your wife!

No speakers in this room

Gills very clever , I ended up mounting to other TVs on walls ,with one more to go . Trying to work out how to get a new TV in the lounge ?

• Spill something into the back of the old one...

• Seano said:
    Spill something into the back of the old one...

Drop a tapped horn on it :-)

Well the bench tops didn't happen today ,the stonemasons fucked up . They put a 40mm edge on it and through all the measurements out . So they have to cut new tops .

• Whatever happened to "measure 9 times, cut once" ?

A serious question.

• GeeEmm said:
    Whatever happened to "measure 9 times, cut once" ?

A serious question.

They even had the template that the cabinet maker cut to size .

What happened we wanted a 20mm edge on the tops and this was marked on the templates and how the join needs to be for the water end on the island bench .

Some how we ended up with a 40mm edge which would changed the overall height of the tops and made to island bench top 20mm to short because they kept the same overall length .

With the height the cabinet maker allowed and extra 10mm in the plinths for new flooring so adding another 20mm on top was just adding up .

• Like the cabinet maker said to me ,you've paid enough for the kitchen they can get it right .

Cheers