Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Surround sound music

edited February 2014 in Music and Movies

I've be fu... playing around with some of the multichannel music modes on this receiver, and darned if I don't like it! Yeah sometimes it does weird things, but when you go back to "Straight" it all becomes a bit dull. In a way it feels like a live (rock) performance where there's all kinds of shit echoing around you. But still sounds better.

True, I didn't align the laser with the mirror so the spot in the other thing goes right over there exactly where it's supposed to. And I didn't clean my cable connections either. I just sat down and pressed "Play".

Anyone else?

Comments

• It's a bit weird but it does kind of come off in an odd sort of way. Most surround sound is a bit of mind fu-man-chu at the best of times and a very good demonstration of the capacity of the brain to simply fill in the holes...

I prefer surround sound when it blasts off the back wall...more like immersion than simply being surrounded by sources of noise

• I am relatively noo to rock videos and am enjoying them. I have previously been a fan of studio versions, but when the concert is recorded well, then it is a fine thing. I don't have 5.1 I just have 2.1. I can't imagine a concert being recorded to put instruments behind you ??? so are the rears just for crowd noise ??
    I hope you have the special 5.1 speaker cables, normal coathanger wire just won't do.
    Anyway so long as you are injoying it, that's good.

• Seek out the Stones 2013 Hyde Park concert in Blu-ray.

Exceptional video & audio. =D>

Stereo & mult-ichannel options.

• I watched 2 against Nature last night- not a great doco, but when they played music it were excellent. Music 10/10, between interviews 5/10, Overall 7/10.

• Twodogs said:
    I watched 2 against Nature last night

Is that the old Steely Dan thing?

• yep - a lot of Pretzel and this other stuff I'd never heard.