Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Look out!

I got ten CDs today...representing twelve albums in total.

First impressions are that Anathema are well worth your pleasure if you fancy modern progressive rock with a bucket each of mood & melody, Steven Wilson's 'The Raven refuses to sing...' is spectacular and probably the best thing he's done since 'Fear of a Blank Planet', the new Morcheeba album is absolutely their best since 'Charango' or perhaps ever, the Whitesnake 'Live in Britain' album is a seriously stupidly guilty giggle...and The Gloaming is an absolute masterwork of modern Celtic folk and quite simply...stunning...[no, sod that]...mesmerising.

More to follow if I don't lose myself in the meantime....

Comments

• Awesome. I love getting a packet of new CDs (happens too infrequently......)

I found the Gloaming on Rdio but haven't actually listened through headphones yet. Lame I know.

• I haven't had new CDs since 2013...though I did get a listen to the new John Butler Trio album the other day. It's not bad either...

Same goes for The Arctic Monkey's new-ish CD...and I suspect that the new Broken Bell's album might get a sympathetic audience herein.