Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

The big move ,10 days to go .

edited January 2014 in Other Pastimes

10days to go before the move ,time to pack the garage and ship the contents of to my parents place .Last job was painting a pair of sub box's ,new place doesn't have a garage .Sold most of the furniture the little princess isn't happy no where to sleep her couches gone .Speaker project up for sale on SNA .
Stuffed my back up trying to give Gill a hand moving some speaker stuff into the car ,been on morphine based pain killers for the last week .
IMG_6735
Subs done in a water based stone guard ,has a nice flattish finish good for HT.
IMG_6734

Cheers

Comments

• No garage?

• JohnR said:
    No garage?

That's right

:(

• Gosh. Well, welcome to the club of the garage-less! Where are you going to paint and do stuff?

• JohnR said:
    Gosh. Well, welcome to the club of the garage-less! Where are you going to paint and do stuff?

At my parents & father in-laws place unit I work out what to do at the new place .

• Pity you aren't in Sydney...

Then I could use your parents and FIL's place as well :))

• JohnR said:
    Pity you aren't in Sydney...

Then I could use your parents and FIL's place as well :))

You should of seen the look on my fathers face when the tapped horn got unloaded .
    First job is to clean out his garage and store room .even clean out his dark room to put stuff there .
    Will set up his garage for the cutting and sanding , Gills dad garage for the painting .
    Cheers

• MALfunction said:
    You should of seen the look on my fathers face when the tapped horn got unloaded

Hah hah yeah I'll bet! Will that end up in the attic of the new place?

• edited January 2014

JohnR said:
    Hah hah yeah I'll bet! Will that end up in the attic of the new place?

I need to check out the roof cavity ,but the internal ceilings are cedar and I don't think I would want to cut it .
    I could mount them on and external wall but double brick again do I really want to cut 2 holes 400x400 . :-?
    Lastly I have 2 buyers for them :-b .
    Being solid brick home were going to try one of the new dual opposed subs we built recently .
    Cheers

• Oh well, if some people's wants to buy them... Hey what's the dual opposed subs and who's "we"?

• JohnR said:
    Oh well, if some people's wants to buy them... Hey what's the dual opposed subs and who's "we"?

The ones in the second picture from the top :D
    The subs are Rogers a pair have 10" and the others a pair of the 12" Alpine SWR-12D4.

Cheers

• Where's the real estate link to the new place Mal?

• I'll take some pic's when we move in .

Cheers

• GeeEmm said:
    Soft!

NOT HAPPY might be another 7 days on top nothing more to say

• Oh dear, the little princess will not be pleased at all :-W

• Might be a bit cooler with the extra week...don't want to melt the Princess do we?

• The princess is happy again move on 20th Jan .yepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Its a little bit different ,it was designed by an architect ,its 47 years old and was sold by the original owners .We will update the kitchen and the utility's .Its 15 squares a smaller home to the one we sold .
    http://rea.colliers.com.au/property-house-vic-werribee-114744195

Cheers

• Wow Mal, there is a lot to like about the new abode.

When's the GtG?

It was the pool that sucked you in? Not the carport! Right?

• GeeEmm said:
    Wow Mal, there is a lot to like about the new abode.

When's the GtG?

It was the pool that sucked you in? Not the carport! Right?

First time not having a garage :( ,there is a place for a single one .The pool yes the pool .My idea about that was to drain it and build a listening room over it :D .I was out numbered .
    Went into the house to day to get the carpets cleaned and it was nice and cool the house compared to out side .
    There's only 1 TV point :)) sorry kido's .
    GTG after the kitchen and speakers are done =))

Cheers

• Mal, you could have had our pool if you had only asked. Pickup only.