Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

Where to buy thin foam? (HD600 rejuvenation)

edited November 2013 in Audio Projects

Hi folks, would anyone happen to know where I might be able to buy a sheet of thin foam? I need to cut out a pair of these:

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd545-hd565-hd580-hd600-hd650-inner-discs-pair-black.html

Tagged:

Comments

• Do you have Clark Rubber north of the order?

• Graham, there's a gtg at John's place soon, could you pick some up on the way through ?

• I'm seriously tempted, but so close to the silly season won't work for me.

I did consider it though.

• edited November 2013

Good thinking Graham. Drove down to Clark Rubber but they didn't have anything thin enough. The bloke was kind enough to make a couple of slices off a small block of something similar. But it's still about twice as thick. I'll give it a go but I have a feeling it will knock the treble down too far.

• burn a hole through the centre??

• I was going to suggest Syntec (the AU distro) until I saw the price...

Bloody hell!

• Heh. I think what that is is the earpad cushions plus the little foam ovals. The cushions are about $60 from the UK so while Syntec's prices seem a little high they aren't really as bad as it looks ;)

I cleaned the earpads by putting them in the washing machine.

• John, I have just ordered one of those hand held foam cutting machines for work ( ~$1000 :( ) for our new range of 'sound attenuated racks".

It won't be hear til December some time, but I should be able to cut stuff mighty thin.

I'll let you know when it arrives.

• All right!

(thumbs up icon)...