Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

If you're about to fly with Jetstar...

edited July 2017 in Other Pastimes

... be warned that they now check the weight of everything you want to carry on. Bag, laptop, purse, etc. I can't repeat the language from a (former) occasional JetStar flyer I just got off the phone with, but she reckons at least half the people wanting to board the plane were being slugged $50 each.

Comments

• edited July 2017

Its not like they haven't been warned...

They've been talking about it for more than 12 months +.

I bet 'the big customers' were getting sideways looks :-?

As a smaller-than-average person, I feel like I've been subsidising the bigger guys all my life :D

What goes around... ;)

• It's now how big or small you are...it's how much shit you carry.

Don't think I've ever flown with Jetstar. Have however flown once (and once only and ever again) with Tiger.

Very recently flew with Qantas and Air North. One 4 hour leg in a Boeing 737-800 (one with screens in the seat backs rather than intermittent overhead screens) was noticeably squashy for the two 6 foot plus persons but the 4.5 footer was happy...

• edited July 2017

Jetstar is total 7kg. Virgin is 7 kg plus a laptop:

"In addition to the carry-on baggage allowance, one of the following personal items may be carried in the cabin:

A laptop computer*, handbag, pocketbook or purse (of reasonable size)"

https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/plan/baggage/carry-on-baggage/

Which could be why people were confused...

I think I probably misunderstood what was being said - the $50 was because the bag had to be checked into the hold. Not a fine (really).