Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

New tools

Comments

• Chop chop!

• the saw edge is for separating the sausages.

• I can vouch that they are potentially capable of separating fingers...if my past experience with 'finger as saw guide' failure is anything to go by.

• Ouch Ouch.

Must... avoid.. collecting... tooolllssss.....

• 'finger as saw guide'

I saw what you did there.

• edited May 2015

Graham, I ordered one for you for your birthday but they sent me this:

• When was the last time you had that much power in your hands?

• would do almost as much damage as a plumber's eel.

• edited May 2015

Here's the lady's version with some neat tips for everybody to keep in mind.

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 6.11.20 PM

• JohnR said:

Got the caveman version of that too...

46 centimetres of limb hacking goodness from Barnel
    http://www.forestrytools.com.au/index.php?id=54

• JohnR said:

Probably why I don't go commando whilst wearing Stubbies anymore...

• Seano said:

JohnR said:

Probably why I don't go commando whilst wearing Stubbies anymore...

Oh, I laughed out loud...

The other people in the office are talking about me under their breath, again... :-b

• JohnR said:

John, did you actually buy one?

Are you going to use a 'corded' power tool to cut bits off trees? X_X :-b

You go girl :notworthy:

• edited May 2015

I had to ask Gopi to remind me what "Stubbies" are. She wondered why her answer had me rolling around on the floor.

Seano, you are bad for my wallet. I have a saw on a stick but it doesn't seem half as nice as that one. Graham I can't cart anything that heavy when I'm monkeying around in the trees! But I do have this very swish electric chainsaw to cut the little ones down to my level X-( A bit overdue for a spin, actually.

• Yikes...I repaired and used one of those electric chainsaw toys last year. Was my FiL's..a Bosch I think. Somehow he managed to realign the switch and safety bar.

Easy to sort but then I had a go of it...and I'd have felt safer riding a three legged camel that was wearing ice skates.

All it did was dance and skip despite a sharp chain...not enough weight in it. Terrifying. Prefer my little $300 Stihl.

As for my saw on a stick...we also have the secateur attachment. It is a very cool thing.

• Hah! Mine only dances when I tell it to O:) Actually I have no idea what a proper chainsaw is like to use but this one seems OK to me... will keep a stern eye on it for unauthorised gaiety when I next use.

Anyway I got another new tool. A proper one this time Graham with lots of power... X-(

• edited May 2015

Well I think Charlie the Chainsaw has just earned his keep -

DSCF2027

He was a good boy, now he gets to cavort in the shed with Minnie the Mulcher.

Seano, speaking of sharp chains, I guess I need to learn how to sharpen the chain. Is there any difference between these filing kits or are they all basically the same?

• JohnR said:
    Anyway I got another new tool. A proper one this time Graham with lots of power... X-(

OMG!

He's bought a grinder!!!

God knows what damage he can do with that.

BtW John. What are you going to do with said grinder?! :-??