Everyone can now send invitations! Please read the guidelines. And then send your invitations.

House inspections, when they matter

Comments

• Box of Shinas Estate 'The Guilty' Shiraz

• How much ya got?

• edited November 2014

So, the current agreement, is that the seller will remove all the metalised insulation in the roof space, at their cost. Our last hurdle (supposedly).

We will not buy or move into a house the has ~40V across the metalised insulation when someone turns the lights on. X_X

Interestingly, the seller, the real estate agent, or the company that installed the metalised insulation think it is "not that big a problem." :-O %-(

The installer & REA would have us believe it is "static electricity!" I kid you not!

People have died! People have died in their state!

So now, we are not contractually obligated to buy the house until we have had the roof spaced inspected & OK'd by the builder & the electrician, after the removal of said insulation.

We will bare the cost of replacing the insulation with something that is not conductive.

I am bemused (amazed) what some people will accept or attempt to have me beleive, when it might save them a few $$$, or make their life easier.

I personally believe the sellers are good people, but constantly being given poor advice by their agent. Who is basically an ignorant & lazy phuck!

House inspections, when they matter! :notworthy:

• What a trial! It will all be worth it in the end. When we all come and visit.

• Getting closer Gee :)

Anyway have you loaded that trailer of yours up yet :D

• But but Graham, isn't the metallised insulation in the roof normal?
    Isn't the problem a loose wire putting voltage onto it ?

• edited November 2014

It aint normal in Victoria :-O

If there is a 240V wire in proximity to the insulation, I'm guessin' it's under the insulation where you can't see it. :-S

Getting in the roofspace for any reason while the lights are on may result in the insulation touching said _hidden _wire.

WAMMO! Dead parrot. O:)

If you want me dead, you're gunna have to fight me. I aint gunna go easily! [-X

• You're on, Dicknose! I'll meet you at the coffee shop, I'll have a black shirt and beret.
    Bring it on Buttbreath.

• edited November 2014

You make me laugh out loud :D :))

• GeeEmm said:
    How much ya got?

How many times can you do someone in?

• Well, we are still making progress...

The house will be ready this Friday for final inspection ie the metailsed insulation will be removed (and thrown as far away as possible).

This will allow the electrician & builder to finally access the roofspace for inspection.

We are only 2 months behind in this area.

Slow but sure, slow but sure.

We keep telling ourselves it will all be worth it, in the end. :->

• Progress is progress!!

• JohnR said:
    Progress is progrsure is !!

Sure is and it looks like its heading in the right direction
    :)

• Now, when do we get to talk about the additional structures. We don't mind open-aire accomodations I'm sure.

• We will have a spare room John, which will be fitted out with a fold out bed/couch thing.

For when distant guests drop by for the night.

All very accomodating. :)

Additional structures are another battle I will only participate in once I move in.

I fully expect it to be the mother of all battles.

As we all know; a council workers' greatest strength is their ability to say "no!"

• I hope you're not relying on council

• I'm not sure how I feel about sharing a room with Nigel.

• I guess a 3some is out of the question then

• Hi Nige

I will need a variation & permit to build an external building

My dealings so far with a 3rd party building inspector type person don't impress me one iota.

Why is Qld so backward about progress?

It's like dealing with retards. No offence to retards.

These people get to vote, and breed!

• When we built @ Werribee South we didn't use the council . We employed a private company to do all permits ,inspections & regulatory advice .What we found they follow state lwas not council bylaws .

Can you use private companys in QLD .

Cheers